Women’s health refers to a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, as experienced by women. Women’s health issues are varied, and may be related to our anatomical differences, hormones, socio-economic status, access to health care, and family responsibilities. At Bodywise, we take each of these factors into consideration, offering our clients comprehensive care in a warm, supportive, and private environment.
On your first visit, your therapist will take a thorough history, and listen to your concerns. Then an external musculoskeletal exam, along with an internal pelvic floor muscle assessment will be performed when appropriate, and depending on your comfort level. We believe in addressing your whole being, assessing past injuries, asymmetries, and compensatory patterns that may be contributing factors to your issue.
Our compassionate therapists successfully treat the following women’s health issues incorporating hands-on techniques and detailed individualized instruction in self care strategies/exercises.
- Incontinence (stress, urgency, mixed)
- Overactive Bladder
- Endometriosis symptoms (dysmenorrhea, bloating, and other pelvic pain)
- Diastasis Recti Abdominus
- Vaginismus (inability to tolerate penetration, or intercourse)
- Dyspareunia (pain with intercourse or penetration)
- Genital Lymphedema
- General/unspecified pelvic pain
- Prolapse (urethrocele, rectocele, cystocele)
- Scar tissue release post abdominal or pelvic surgery
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Post breast cancer surgery symptoms (axillary web, lymphedema of the arm, shoulder pain/limited ROM, breast or axillary scar tissue)
- Menopause: Any symptoms associated with pre, peri, post-menopause
- Pregnancy: Any symptoms associated with pre, peri, postpartum
- Back pain, SIJ dysfunction, and sciatica