Women’s health refers to a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, as experienced by women. Women’s health issues are varied, and may be related to our anatomical differences, hormones, socioeconomic status, access to health care, and family responsibilities. At Bodywise, we take each of these factors into consideration, offering our clients comprehensive care in a warm, supportive and private environment.
On your first visit, your therapist will listen to your concerns, then perform a thorough bio-mechanical examination of your entire skeletal system, not just a pelvic exam. We believe in addressing your whole being, assessing past injuries, asymmetries, and compensatory patterns that may be contributing factors to your issue.
Our compassionate therapists successfully treat the following women’s health issues incorporating hands-on techniques, individualized instruction in self care strategies/exercises, as well as biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and ultrasound.
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Sexual dysfunction
- Pregnancy complications including back pain, SIJ dysfunction, and sciatica
- Postpartum diastasis recti
- Pelvic pain (vaginismus, vestibulodynia, dyspareunia, pudendal neuralgia)
- Post lumpectomy/mastectomy rehabilitation addressing scar tissue, and fascial restrictions including axillary web syndrome, as well a secondary shoulder impingement/frozen shoulder.
- Lymphedema education including prevention and self care, as well as manual lymphatic drainage massage for stage 1 lymphedema